Friday, July 12, 2013

Project Ideas: Magnetic Boards


Magnetic boards are one of my favorites! 

As someone who always has little notes everywhere, extra photos, and other bits and pieces on my desk and kitchen counter I love using magnetic boards to give everything a "home" - plus as you will see with the ideas I have to share with you today the added bonus is that you can create a magnetic board that is not only functional but also decorative too!

Melissa did an awesome job creating all three of these Magnetic Boards, but I have to say this first one is my favorite and it has been added to my project list to re-create for my own desk!

The board itself is 10x10" and has a stand attached, making it perfect for a desk or counter. The Basic Grey Kneehighs line is perfect and the little bottle caps adorable! You can find a project sheet for the Hello Beautiful Magnetic Board here.


For this Chalkboard Magnetic Board, we first covered the magnetic board with chalkboard paint and then added the various embellishments to the piece. Now it can be used to write notes and with magnets too!

 

The last magnetic board was decorated and embellished using pieces from the My Mind's Eye: Cambridge Court line. The circle pieces are actually magnetic frames that were covered with pattern paper. This piece would be great to display some favorite photos! You can find a project sheet for this magnetic board HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment